Pet owners want nothing more than to see their pets be happy and healthy, and having access to a first-class vet facility offering state-of-the-art ultrasound diagnostic services is an important part of a good veterinary health plan. At Animal Medical Center, your pet’s good health is our top priority, and we pride ourselves on offering the highest quality ultrasound diagnostic services for the evaluation and treatment of a variety of health issues or for the monitoring of a pet pregnancy. An ultrasound test is a priceless tool, especially when it helps your vet arrive at a diagnosis and avoid subjecting your pet to exploratory surgery. For more information about our pet ultrasound diagnostic services or to schedule an appointment with our veterinary staff, contact Animal Medical Center today at (814) 443-6979.
Pet Ultrasound Services
Ultrasonography is a powerful diagnostic technique that uses high-frequency sound waves to create a moving, real-time image of your pet’s abdominal cavity and organs, including the liver, spleen, kidneys, gallbladder, heart and any tumors. It involves the use of a small probe that, when pressed gently against your pet’s skin, sends out and collects ultrasound waves that are then interpreted by a sensor.
Ultrasound tests allow your vet to look inside your pet’s body without surgery. This diagnostic tool provides clearer and more precise results than traditional x-rays. In fact, your vet may recommend an ultrasound when x-rays, blood work, and other tests fail to provide a clear answer about your pet’s condition. These types of diagnostic tests can be helpful even when they don’t give your vet a definitive answer; they may allow the veterinarian to rule out other major health issues. There are many benefits to our ability to perform pet ultrasound at Animal Medical Center, including the following:
- Faster evaluation and diagnosis – Because we can perform pet ultrasounds right here at our facility, we can give you immediate answers to help your pet get the right treatment and feel better faster.
- Convenient treatment – Our in-house ultrasound services also prevent you and your pet from having to travel to another location to receive ultrasound testing.
- More efficient collaborative care – If your pet is referred to a specialist, the information gathered from our diagnostic tests allows you to get the most out of your consultation.
- Lower vet bills – Thanks to non-invasive ultrasound diagnostic services, Animal Medical Center can limit the need for expensive exploratory surgical procedures that can have long and painful recoveries.
An ultrasound may be ordered in cases where your pet experiences unexplained weight loss, a change in eating habits, chronic urinary infections, or frequent vomiting and/or diarrhea, to find out what exactly is going on.
Benefits of Pet Ultrasound
Animal Medical Center is equipped to provide your pet with the best medical, surgical and preventative care possible. They allow us to provide the highest quality diagnostic testing and treatment of serious medical conditions like liver disease, congenital heart disease, thoracic tumors, gastrointestinal disease, gallbladder disease and kidney disease. Our state of the art ultrasound equipment can diagnose a variety of conditions, including:
- Pregnancy & reproductive health
- Organ diseases
- Abdominal pains
- Tumors & lumps
- Foreign objects
- Bladder stones
Contact Animal Medical Center Today
Our pet ultrasound services at Animal Medical Center are ideal for diagnosing and evaluating your pet’s health issues. For more information about the ultrasound diagnostic services at Animal Medical Center and the variety of other medical services we provide, call us at (814) 443-6979 today.